Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Fancy Nancy

So a few months back, one of our libraries was having a Fancy Nancy party. My Crazy Little Girl was sooo excited to go! She wanted to dress fancy and her hair had to be fancy!! So in preparation for this, I started searching for fancy hair styles on Pinterest. There were so many! And so fancy! My daughter was thrilled! Her favorite styles came from the blog Simply Sadie Jane. This lady can do amazing work with toddler hair! CLG's favorite? The one where she made the hair look like little bows!

So I tried. I really did! But while I was trying, I remembered something...I can't even get CLG's hair into braids!!! Like herself, CLG's hair is just crazy! Straight in some spots and curly in others. And she just doesn't sit still! Or stand still! And, honestly, I am terribly untalented with doing up hair of any sort. I mean, you should hear the words that come out of my mouth when I'm trying to do my own hair! I keep them to myself when I'm doing CLG's hair, but seriously, I'm embarrassed by how long it takes just to put her hair up into a ponytail!
A ridiculous amount of time later, a CLG ponytail!

So I opted out of making CLG's hair into cute little bows. I made lots of ponytails and added lots and lots of clips:


If one ponytail takes x minutes to put up, how many minutes does it take to put 6 ponytails up?
Her hair was sticking out in every direction possible. I thought for sure she'd take one look at it and accuse me of ruining her day. But you know what? She thought it was the best hairdo she'd ever had! She loved it! Heck, she's looking at the picture now and ooohing and ahhhing and asking for it again. Turns out, as long as it has something pink, fluffy or flowery in it, she doesn't care how it looks. It doesn't need to be perfect for her to love it. So now, I try to breathe a sigh of relief when it comes time to do her hair. It helps to keep the cursing in my head instead of out of my mouth each morning as I look at her head.

No comments:

Post a Comment