Monday, July 1, 2013

Grocery Shopping In the Rain

So I had to go grocery shopping today. No big deal, I know. I needed to get food for dinners and such for the week, and both kids came along, like they generally do, because, hey, where else are they going to go? They're generally pretty good in the grocery store and actually are starting to help out (Yeah, remember way back when when you heard that advice about getting the kids to help with the grocery shopping when they have to come along? The advice that seemed like the worst advice in the world because grocery shopping just became 10 times more difficult because now you have to help the kids help you in addition to getting all your stuff? Yeah, well eight years later, that advice is finally starting to pay off with CLB. But it took EIGHT years!). Anyway, it's a chore, but we usually get through it alright. And then I looked outside and saw this:

Our driveway in the pouring rain. Exciting, isn't it?

Okay, I know, it's just rain. But actually, by the time we got to the store, it had turned into a car washing, soaked as soon as you step out the door, ridiculous soaking kind of rain. Which makes grocery shopping even more difficult. But, hey, I can handle the wet carts...

This cart was actually the driest I could find

...even though I know no amount of paper towels is going to get that seat dry enough so that CLG can sit in it without getting wet pants.

And I can handle the wet shoes...

Not too wet yet....but I have to actually cross the parking lot, now!
...even though they squelch all throughout the store. And, heck, I can even handle the soaked groceries and bags that have to be put away and which will definitely get water all over my kitchen.

My happy little groceries :)


But what I would really like to know is, why has no one invented a gadget that allows me to attach an umbrella to the side of my car so that I can get CLG buckled into her carseat without my lower half getting drenched. Or, hey, why not have collapsible overhangs fitted to the car that can protect me from the weather when I buckle her in and throw my purse into the passenger seat?

The back of my shirt after getting CLG buckled into the car seat while fighting with my umbrella to stay dry. And yes, I know, it's not a great picture, but you try using your camera phone to take a picture of your back!  :)

Why has something like this not been invented yet? I'd pay good money for something like that! I know that there is someone out there who can do it, so hop to it, you! I need this invented right now!! Before it rains like this again, please, if not sooner!








No comments:

Post a Comment