Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Library Time!

So now that summer is officially here, the crazy kids and I made a list of things for us to do for fun over the next couple of months.


Thank you, Pinterest, for the neat idea to keep track of everything!

As you can see, we have a busy summer planned. But the first place we hit? Before anything else? It wasn't the pool or the beach but the library. Now granted, as homeschoolers, we tend to go to the library at least two to three times a week during our "official" school year (I put so many books on hold during our school year that as soon as we walk through the door, at least two librarians will head to the back to lug out or massive, reserved stack!). But once summer hits, the library changes to this magical place that offers wonderful programs and activities for the kids. My two love it! Heck, I love it! I still remember making paper bag puppets and putting on a puppet show at my childhood library when I was a kid.



My childhood library...no, we didn't dress up like the people in this picture (I'm not THAT old)! This  library was recently remodeled and this was the only picture I could find that resembles what it looked like when I was growing up. Thank you  Hudson Valley Magazine!

So we're super excited to join in on the library reading program to keep track of all the books we read. And hey, if we get to see a magic show and be young scientists or mathematicians and do a craft...we'll be there! Oh and don't forget the music!

CLG dancing to the music from a local band performing at the library

We love the library in the summer! How about you?



No comments:

Post a Comment