Wednesday, June 12, 2013

I Want to Dress Like Her!!

CLG looooves to pick out clothes to wear! It's an obsession for her! Every morning, she heads up to her room and lays out an outfit on the floor to see if it matches her sense of fashion. I do get some say in what she wears, but lately, I've just been letting her pick out what she wants and get dressed on her own (I mean, with a 3 year old, there are plenty of battles. This is not one I feel I need to wage!). Her outfits are a mishmash of stripes, tutus, pink, purple, tights and hats (lordie be, don't forget the hats!). I swear, some of her getups are a sight to be seen!

This tutu skirt is a particular favorite. Look at all that pink!!

Here it is in another outfit. Look at that attitude! Don't you wish you felt that way!?! All the time!!!


When she puts on her clothes and trots downstairs, she is the happiest girl in the world. She feels pretty, she walks proudly (with her winter hat on, sometimes, even if it is 80 degrees out!), and she exudes confidence. And I am utterly jealous! I mean, here she is in this mismashed, crazy looking outfit, and she feels tremendous! Me, I take pains to at least try to match, and no matter what I put together, I feel crummy in it. When did this happen!?!


Wouldn't you like to wear something like this!?! Look at her powerful pose!?! Maybe this is what the 80s was all about!

Head Gear...that winter monkey hat was actually stored away, and she dug it out so she could keep wearing it...no matter what the temperature!


So, in the spirit of not handing down my insecurities to her, I have been TRYING to wear things that make me happy. And I found out that I like skirts, too! Especially long ones. And hey, I have a pink shirt in my closet. And you know what!?! Wearing pink makes me happy!!  My skirt and shirt sort of match, but even better, I'm comfortable and able to move around and chase after the kids. So, I'm going for it! I'm gonna try out the CLG way of wearing clothes for a little bit...I'll just maybe stay away from the winter hats in July.

No comments:

Post a Comment