Monday, August 12, 2013

Just say "NO!" to school supplies

We are really close to the beginning of our official school year. As a result, I have been tearing apart the classroom and putting everything back together in a more organized fashion. Our school room looked like a huge pack of puppies came flopping and rolling and wrestling in every drawer, on every shelf, heck, basically in every nook and cranny of the school room. The mess makers were quite adorable, but very thorough.

As I was going through everything, I was thinking of all the school supply shopping I'd be able to do once I cleaned everything up! It was my mantra..."As soon as you get this organized, you get to go shopping for school supplies! So get it done!!" I'm a sucker for school supplies and the only thing I like better than buying them is buying them for pennies, dimes and quarters! Yay! Shopping is fun!

But as I started cleaning and organizing, I noticed something. I have apparently been going nutso every year with the school supply shopping, and as a result, we have sooo many supplies that the school room is packed to the gills!

We have enough crayons and markers to last us a lifetime! And yes, all those markers work!


I have mentioned that I have TWO Crazy Kids, not 5, right! Why on earth do I have all these scissors!?!

This just about says it all...and yes, these are all the ones that work! You should have seen what I threw out!

We have so much paper that I can barely open the storage drawer!
I don't know what I was thinking each year I went shopping. Not much, apparently, except "YIPPEE! Here we go!!" Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it!), I'm thinking about what to do this year!

So after doing all this thinking, I have made the decision (sob!) not to go school supply shopping (sob sob!)! I'm avoiding any kind of office supply store or back to school section as if my life depended on it. It'll be hard, but I'm just saying NO! (SOB!) Wish me luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment