Saturday, August 17, 2013

Last Big Bit of Summer Fun!

Just a short blurb from me today. I'm tired, beat and worn out! A great way to be when our homeschool year starts in just a few days, right!?! Well, I have a good reason for being worn out...we went to the beach yesterday. And not just any beach! A beach with an old fashioned amusement park!



This little piece of kiddie heaven is only about 45 minutes away from us, but (and I cringe to admit it) we haven't been there once in all the times we've lived here! The reason? I'm a super nervous Nellie when it comes to driving too far from home! Fortunately, I have a fantastically wonderful friend who completely understands this, and she told me that we have to go, so we're going, no ifs, ands, ors or buts! Sometimes that's just what I need to beat the anxiety...a good kick in the pants! 

So we went, and I drove and my fantastically wonderful friend just kept being more and more fantastically wonderful while she looked after her child and helped me with the Crazy Kids! Seriously, I cannot believe how much fun it is going to an amusement park/beach with a kind hearted mom. Other moms are telepathic and just know when you need help with your crazy kids! Anyway, we had a great time, the kids had a great time, and I conquered my fear of driving to this place, so we will be going again and again! And it was a fantastic way to end our summer season. But now, I'm tired, beat and worn out (in a happy way), and, oh yeah, I have a bit of a mess to clean up before school starts!


Guess who forgot to take off her little pink crocs when we got back from the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment